Sunday, November 20, 2011

My Kindle

For my last birthday my parents bought me a kindle. I love it. Admittedly, in the last couple months I haven't read much on it (coming from my desire to be the writer not the reader). I've found several benefits to having a kindle. The obvious benefits are what Amazon advertises, it's light weight, stores lots of books, and you can get hours of reading done on the long lasting battery. But today as I looked through the library on my kindle I realized the best reason of all: anonymity of what I'm reading. I have a vast selection in my library. Some books are not ones I would want to be caught reading on the train (ie novels written based on the Castle television show). With my kindle I can (and have) read these Castle books in public w/o having to take off the dust jacket in fear of being judged for my book choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment