Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Dream Thanksgiving Menu

It is exactly one week until Thanksgiving. The day once a year when I overindulge with turkey and cranberry sauce. Last night my mom was finalizing the menu (we are planning to have over 20 people at our house so planning is essential). As she went over all the food I began to think about what I would serve. Below is a list of my mom's menu and what my menu would be if I was hosting.

Mom                                                Mine
Turkey                                              Turkey
Mashed Potatoes                             Mashed Potatoes(My sister would kill me if I didn’t serve this)
Rolls                                                 Rolls
Stuffing                                             Stuffing
Cranberry Sauce                               Cranberry Sauce (the only thing I look forward to)
Green bean Casserole                      Plain Green beans
Yams                                                 Hell No
Squash                                              See Above
Carrots                                              No, one type of vegetable is more than enough
Corn                                                   I’m opposed to starches that masquerade as vegetables
                                                           Pizza (for those in my family who don’t like Turkey)

No comments:

Post a Comment