Friday, November 18, 2011

10 Things I Learned from My Siblings

I am the oldest of five children. The youngest of my siblings is 16 years younger than me making for quite an age difference. Over the past 20+ years of having siblings I've learned a lot. Here is a list of the top 10 lessons.

1. Personal Boundaries don't exist
2. Silence must be investigated (especially when little boys are involved)
3. Chase is the best game ever invented
4. Meaningful conversations can take place in person, over the phone, on facebook, or on skype
5. You can have an entire conversation of movie/tv quotes and the Simpsons impersonations
6. Even though we're raised by the same parents, siblings can be completely different people
7. After making your sisters act out the 5th play you've written and directed, they become hostile
8. Don't ever video tape the plays you wrote, directed and made your sisters act out
9. It doesn't matter if your little brother is half your size, he still thinks he can beat you up or at least flip you over his head
10. When your sisters insist you read Harry Potter listen to them, when they insist you read Twilight ignore them

No comments:

Post a Comment