Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Happy Ten Year Friendaversary, Meg!

Ten years ago today, I embarked on a journey to London. I was a junior in college and going with a class group on a spring break trip called "Literary London." At almost 21 years old I never had the courage to venture so far from home. At the time it seemed like there were a series of events that led me to enroll in the trip, but looking back I think it was divine intervention.

On the trip, I met Meg. Someone who quickly became like family to me. We bonded over shared political and television interests. For the first time in my life, I felt like I could be myself with her, share my weirdest thoughts and crazy dreams. Meg was the one who encouraged me to self-publish. She has been there for me when I needed her the most. She drove to my side when I took the bar exam and my test refused to upload just to bring me tequila. She invited me to her house when I needed a break from job hunting. She introduced me to David. She made the godmother to her daughter.

I wouldn't be where I am today if it hadn't been for Meg. She is my longest friendship. Meg is the reason I met all the amazing people I consider my closest friends. She has been the catalyst for my adult life, and the main reason I am the person I am today.

I thank God for leading me to London and to meet Meg.

No comments:

Post a Comment