Thursday, March 2, 2017

Tenaciously Writing

I don't know why I write. I think it has always been a part of me. When I was little I wrote plays that I forced my sisters to act out. I cannot even remember when I first put pen to paper and started My Not So Normal Life. Though it was after the tv show Alias aired in 2001. Shout out to J. J. Abrams for creating a show that sparked creativity in me. I don't know why I write, other than I have an idea that I cannot ignore. But I know why I finish: my tenacity. Tenacity runs strong in my family. Projects I start I tend to finish. So books I begin to write I finish. That doesn't mean that I have written all the stories I have thought of, but I will one day. 

Writing a manuscript is not easy. There is a lot of times it'd be easier to just give up and move on to something else. And as someone who generally has a short attention span, persevering through a long writing process isn't easy. But my tenacity prevents me from giving up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment