Thursday, March 23, 2017

London: My Town

Ten years ago I found myself in London. London holds a special place in my heart. It is where I met my best friend, Meg. It's where I took my first truly independent steps into adulthood. It's where I learned that being myself was okay. I embraced British culture and became a self-proclaimed Anglophile. Below, is a picture taken from Westminister Bridge 10 years and two weeks ago.

Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor

The scene on this bridge was very different yesterday, with confusion, chaos, and fear. It shakes me whenever there is a terrorist attack. I find myself thinking about the panic and fear that must be running rampant in the minds of all those affected. I think about my brother who was born in a post-9/11 world. I worry about the possibility that one day it will be a loved one who is a victim of the violence in our world. But mostly, I pray for the victims and their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment