Saturday, December 3, 2011

Unemployment

I've been job hunting for two months. Dozens of applications and three interviews later and still no job. As the holidays approach and I go to social functions I find my optimism for finding a job lessening. Those who have a grudge against lawyers seem almost smug that I can't find a job, like karma is kicking me for choosing the profession. Others, upon finding out I'm unemployed, give me a look like the "special" kid who still has to use safety scissors. It's gotten to the point where my desire for a job for financial security and professional goals is being dwarfed by my desire to rid myself of the social stigma of unemployment. If there is one thing I learned from this experience is that no matter how high the unemployment rate is, you are still looked down on for being employed or under employed.

No comments:

Post a Comment