Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Problem with "will they, won't they" couples

I am a fan of shows that feature a "will they won't they" couples. These couples are built on the notion that two people are attracted to each other, love each other, and meant for each other, yet they are never supposed to actually be a couple. I have two problems with these couples. My first problem is all the near misses. The times when they are about to kiss, profess their love and something interrupts them. These moments give me indigestion and make my blood pressure sky rocket. My other (and bigger) problem is all the wasted moments. I classify these moments when the couple should do something but don't. The moment when our hero and heroine believe they are about to die and there is nothing. No sidelong glances, no revelations, no attempted hug or kiss. Wouldn't a couple who are supposed to be so attracted and in love use what they thought is their last moment to say these things. So while I understand why writers have these wasted moments, they still aggravate me to no end.

No comments:

Post a Comment