Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Name Change

In MNSNL 1 I introduced a character named Andy in the last chapter. My 12 year old brother who shares the same name loved that a character had his name. When I told him I was revising MNSNL2 he made me promise that Andy would have a larger story plot. Andy's beefed up story line includes him getting a love interest. Originally the love interest's name was Natalie. It wasn't until after I typed her name and set the scene for their meeting, that I realized I should check with my brother first about the name choice to make sure there wasn't a girl in his class named Natalie. Since his friends would potentially read this book I did not want to embarass him with naming a classmate as his alter ego's love interest. Regardless of whether or not my brother had a crush on the Natalie in his class that won't stop 12 year old boys from teasing. So the character Natalie is now named Sophia. Will the revisions never end?

1 comment:

  1. You are a super sweet sister for doing that for him!

    ReplyDelete