Saturday, August 6, 2011

My fancy new blog

Hi everyone! I'm so excited that you stopped by to check out my new blog. I'm completely new to blogging, so please bear with me as I get the hang of this. My sister started this blog to help me promote my self-published novel My Not So Normal Life  as well as the other books that I'm in the process of editing and getting ready to publish.

I will talk about the novels I'm working on in later posts, but for now let me talk about my first novel. My Not So Normal Life is a young adult novel that revolves around the life of Lily Gemorski, a native Chicagoan recruited to work for a secret government organization.

I wrote the book when I was in high school when I was REALLY obsessed with the television show Alias. Throughout my young life I had always been interested with spies, people who seemed to be boring average citizens but had a secret life with secret abilities. Being a spy was like being a superhero. What frustrated me as a high schooler who loved spies was being unable to find spies that I could relate to. Sure, you had Sydney Bristow and James Bond but they were adults, they didn't have curfews or chemistry class to worry about. And I hated that the only teen spies I found in books or television shows were more concerned about having a cute outfit or breaking a nail than the actual mission. So, unable to find a superhero spy that I could relate to, I took it upon myself to create her.

So, if you're someone like me who is looking for a relateable spy, check out my book at http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/LizLaz

No comments:

Post a Comment