Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Writing Again

"You need to start writing again."
David said this to me last night. We were eating dinner and I commented that I had read another book in less than 24 hours. (A feat considering I work 9 hours a day as an attorney). It was the fourth book I had read in a little over a week. A month ago, while in the middle of editing, I had lamented that all I wanted to do was to sit down and read a book. Once I finished editing and sent my book to my Beta Readers I opened a book and read one book, then a second, then a third, and a fourth. And do you know what has resulted from reading these books? I have found inspiration for my own writing. One manuscript I wrote ten years ago and determined was too dreadful to ever see the light of day, I began to rethink as a young adult book. Dialogue and scenes for books, character development, even poems and background folklore have begun to consume my thoughts. I find myself inspired to write a million different stories. Now the hard decision is choosing which story I should write first...

No comments:

Post a Comment