Thursday, July 21, 2016

A Lifetime to Procrastinate

So, I am a huge nerd, which will be evident by the source of my quote (Dr. Who).

Professor Richard Lazarus: You're right, Doctor. One lifetime's been too short for me to do everything I'd like. How much more I'll get done in two, or three, or four.
The Doctor: It doesn't work like that. Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty. It's not the time that matters, it's the person.


Recently, I've begun to wonder if I've been making the most of my life. As someone who is officially in her early thirties, (gulp) I have moments of panic that I haven't met the full potential of my life. There are dreams I've let go of and tons of missed opportunities. I am able to lessen my anxiety by telling myself I have plenty of time. Today I realized how the concept of more time can be dangerous. We convince ourselves there is more time. What we forget when we put stuff off is that we can do stuff now. If we lived like we didn't have tons of time, maybe more would get done and we wouldn't consider life too short.






No comments:

Post a Comment