Monday, January 16, 2012

Forced Trip Down Memory Lane

Today I took a forced trip down memory lane. I went downtown for the first time in six months. I went because I had a job interview (and before anyone asks, no I didn't get the job). What made going downtown so weird was my long absence. For the last three years I practically lived downtown while going to law school. I would go downtown sometimes seven days of the week. I used to know so much about the city since I spent more time there than at home. Coming back today was weird. While down there I walked past my old office building and grabbed coffee from the same place I did when I worked. Throughout my entire trip down I was hit with dozens of memories.

When I got back I searched the sent folder of my email. (I did this b/c I've applied to soo many jobs that at times I am blind sided when firms call for interviews b/c I can't remember where I've applied). When I searched through my email I was thrown down memory lane. Apparently Yahoo! holds onto sent emails forever. I flipped through pages and was hit w/ emails I sent to exes, from all the jobs I sent resumes to and never heard back, emails for old classes.

As a person who tries not to live in the past being thrown down memory lane is frustrating. I hate being reminded of opportunities I've lost, people I've dropped out of contact with, but most of all I hate being reminded of the person I used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment