Sunday, January 29, 2012

Confidence

For me, confidence is the best way to go from attractive to sexy. Confidence is not to be confused w/ smugness or over confidence (i know many people who's over confidence made them laughable and unattractive). Confidence is being comfortable in your own skin. Walking around with your shoulders back and your chin up. I have a small collection of very high heeled shoes (about 4 inch heels). I can only walk properly with these shoes when I'm feeling confident or secure otherwise I would topple over. Since becoming unemployed I've felt my confidence drop. Those shoes have spent most of the last 9 months resting in my closet. About 2 weeks ago I realized that instead of my pumps I'd begun wearing Uggs and sneakers (both sensible shoes considering its January, but not me). I realized that I was losing a part of me. Since then, I've pulled my knee high boots out from storage and started to wear them. Yes, every time I wear them I risk slipping on ice and breaking my ankle but it's a risk I'm willing to take if it means a chance of reclaiming my confident self.

No comments:

Post a Comment