Monday, January 29, 2018

Many Hats

This weekend, while watching an episode of Netflix's "The Crown", David noted how Winston Churchill was an incredibly accomplished man. He was Prime Minister, painted, and wrote long autobiographies. I said how great it would be to like that and accomplish so many different things, to which David replied that I am like Churchill in that respect. Granted, my accomplishments are minimal compared to Churchill's, but I realized David was right, in my daily life, I wear many different hats: attorney, writer, publisher, just to name the few hats I wear professionally. And even within those, I have different sub-hats: researcher, marketer, counsel, coordinator, designer, businessperson, creator, the list is ever changing and expanding. The reason I wear so many hats might be my tendency to work a high rate of speed or maybe it's my way of trying to cram three lives into one lifetime. Wearing so many hats does take its toll on me, but taking it slow does not come naturally nor does working solely on one task/job. No matter the nights where I get less than seven hours of sleep (like last night) or the anxiety causing deadlines, I will continue to wear as many hats as possible. And hopefully, since my accomplishments are nowhere near as impressive as Churchill's, I will avoid some of the health problems he endured in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment