Saturday, January 27, 2018

"Do You Write Every Day?"

I was recently asked whether I wrote every day. My reply was, there are periods of time when I write every day, in any spare moment I can allow. But honestly, no I do not write every day. There are some days when life is just too much and my normal job, my time spent helping others publish their books, family, caring for Robin Hood, cleaning, laundry, sleep, all take precedence. But what I do every day is think about my writing. Note, I didn't say, think about writing, which would have the thought process of "I should write today." No, when I think about my writing my thought process is "when I revise My Not So Normal Life 3, should I have a final confrontation between [insert character names], how should that be resolved?" I am developing the stories each day. On my off days from putting pen to paper, I continue to create. I know that most writing advice emphasizes the importance of writing every day. I would say that as long as you know you'll go back to writing, make sure you keep creating and thinking about your story every day. Don't feel pressured to get words, regardless of their importance written or typed out. Just having the characters and the plot developments running in your head will do wonders to getting your story finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment